Friday, November 20, 2009

Thumb Sucker

We have a thumbsucker!!! Although I think it is sooo adorable and it is very convenient (he can calm himself down and no searching for missing binkys or having to keep putting it back in when it comes out) I just see us a year or two down the road struggling to lose the habit. Although ditching the binky is hard, at least I can control that. I would just hate to have him sucking his thumb in school. So we are trying to prevent it, by pulling his hand out and replacing with a binky, but he just won't take the binky. We've tried a few different styles still with no luck. Hopefully one day it will take, or at least he'll get over the thumb sucking.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looking at your pictures of Spencer made me want to go back and look at one's of Luke when he was that little (They really grow so fast!) Anyway, I came across a post from when Luke was about 3 months as well and had started to suck his thumb. I was worried about it like you were because he had never hooked on to the binky before then and seemed to prefer the thumb, but we did like you are and just kept offering the binky and eventually he gave in. I don't know if that is what did it, but shoot, now here he is 18 mo and I need to start working towards weening the "plug!" Good luck! I loved all the cute pictures of the kids. Spencer has the fluffiest cheeks! I love it! And yes, I do see potential in Aliyah's photography skills. You're a brave mom to hand her the camera...Or maybe she is just less destructive than my kids... Either way, it will be fun to see what the next generation of techno-babies learn to do. They'll be texting in grade school...how funny is that?

Sharee said...

Haha! I love the pro and cons thing going on in your head - I would be doing the exact same thing. With Kyla I used to have to get up at night, just to put her binki back in - now I am doing the same thing with Kash. The best day ever is when they can find their binki and put it back in themselves.... good luck with the thumbsucking!!!