Monday, September 17, 2012

Spencer's First Day of Joyschool

I have joined up with three other moms of newly turned three year olds to have a little Joyschool Class. Luckily for Spencer two of the three other kids are Spencer's "best friends". I taught the first week, and it actually went ok--thanks to my sister Amber who was my assistant. Of course I didn't have their full attention most of the time, but we made it through and they had fun. Spencer had a bit of a hard time listening and following directions, but I am assuming that is since it was at his house with his mom teaching. 

Below are a bunch of pics I took before the first day of school. It just shows off some of Spencer's personality--always being silly and trying to be funny.

Also, Spencer is under the impression that boys don't comb their hair and resists, often violently, me combing his hair. (I have to admit that this is probably because I have never really done his hair. It is wavy and so it usually has that "controlled messy look" that is "cool" these days just on its own.) I try to spray it down and comb it for church and big events. It was looking beyond a cool messy look on this morning and I wanted it to look nice for his first day picture. It took about 10 minutes of him running away from me and me trying to convince him to let me comb his hair. I got it combed a few times in there, but he would just mess it up a second later. I told him that he could mess it up right after the pictures but he had to have his hair combed. He finally agreed. And even after 5 minutes of pictures....he remembered! And messed his hair up as we walked back in the front door!










No comments: