Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Faux Fiasco

To address Lindsey's comment...

I was going to do a faux finish with the paint to make it look like subtle stripes. We figured we would practice it with small sample cans of paint before we bought all the stuff. I bought the faux brushes and sample paints but didn't have the faux gloss. Lowe's fauz gloss was REDICULOUSLY priced and Home Depot was closing in 10 minutes. So I sped to HD where I had to buy an entire gallon of the faux. I came home and we practiced and practiced it but my walls are too textured so it didn't look good at all. Then I had to choose one color to paint the entire thing and that is when I spent like 4 whole days looking at paint colors and trying samples.

So there is no faux.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ah ha! Well that answers that. Well faux or no faux, can I just tell you that I love your kitchen again?! I have gone back to your blog several times to look at it again and again - it just looks so sunny and inviting. We have cable at my in-laws house so I keep watching those before and after house makeover shows. I can't wait to do some work on my own and hopefully have things turn out as well as yours.