Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Kitchen- Before and After

BEFORE








AFTER





Finally our kitchen is repainted. It was a longer and more difficult project than I expected, but thanks to my mom for many, many, many hours and to Bill for letting me change my mind a million times and repaint the ceiling twice, I love it.


We went from brown ceilings and purple walls to while ceilings and light green walls. I bought about 6 sample cans of paint before I found the right shade. We primed the walls before we left for our CA vacation and my mom painted all the green while we were gone. Thanks Mom!



Now I just have to work on window treatments, new hand towels, wall hangings...

4 comments:

Sharee said...

HAHA! Never ending projects! I love your last sentence. I am still working on painting my kitchen, let alone new hand towels! I LOVE the color, it looks great! You primed the kitchen? Do you have to do that when it was already painted? Because I sure didn't do that... oops! I LOVE IT!!!!

Lindsey said...

I absolutely LOVE your kitchen makeover. It is like night and day! I think you should post a close up of the paint job because I want to see what is looks like with that faux style that you were telling me about. You did a wonderful job and I'm sure everything else you do will turn out just as well! How fun!

Evelyn said...

Your kitchen looks great--a lot bigger too. It's amazing what paint can do!

Nicole said...

Aren't parents wonderful!? I like how the lighter colors make the room feel/look roomier. And trust me, I know all about the neverending project. Have fun decorating!