Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Garden



My garden did really well, that is until about July. Then all the 110+ days have pretty much wiped most of it out. I harvested a ton of cherry tomatoes and HUMONGOUS zucchinis, alot of lettuce, quite a few cucumbers, some cilantro and green onions, a few bell peppers and one round of green beans. My regular tomato plant didn't do too well this year, I think the cherry plants overran it and took all its sun. I am going to try to get as many cherry tomatoes as I can before the plants totally die out. I am excited to start again in September.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I had to laugh to see a garden harvesting post because we live in such different climates (although both desert!) My zucchini plants are just barely starting to make their first flowers, and I guess everything else is at about that stage too. Your zucchinis were HUGE! Bring on the zucchini bread! We tried stuffed grilled zucchini one night last month and it was really good - google a recipe and find one that looks good if you haven't had it before. I never knew I would love gardening quite as much as I do. I get this surge of joy when I water and check on my plants every day.